“Without action, the best intentions in the world are nothing more than that: intentions.” ― Jordan Belfort (played by Leonardo DiCaprio), The Wolf of Wall Street. If you have watched this masterpiece, you will know it offers some of the best eLearning quotes for today’s workplaces. Certain dialogues are so appealing that they inspire you to implement them in real life. Such is the power of a good script!
Strong, motivational thoughts, messages, and online education quotes about learning new things, especially from notable personalities, help us with the required push to keep going. Now, when you consider digital learning, several phenomenal eLearning quotes reflect on its effect on the future of e learning. Many online education quotes define the benefits of corporate online learning within just a few words! If you wish to get inspired, here is a list of the 32 famous eLearning quotes that will leave you thinking!
32 eLearning Quotes About Workplace Training from Industry Leaders
1. “In order to create an engaging learning experience, the role of the instructor is optional, but the role of the learner is essential” – Source, learning quotes by Bernard Bull, President of Goddard College.
This fine example of eLearning quotes is self-explanatory. When the L&D leadership brainstorms to create the perfect eLearning program, one of the crucial steps is understanding the employees’ learning habits. You additionally need to take their suggestions on what they want to gain from workplace training — what are their pain points, and which modes of learning do they prefer? Regular learner feedback is essential to ensure continual improvement even after implementing a course.
2. “People expect to be bored by eLearning—let’s show them it doesn’t have to be like that!” – Source, learning quotes by Cammy Bean, Instructional Designer.
This is one of our favorites of all the eLearning quotes we’ve come across over time. eLearning is dull and boring — this is one of the common myths associated with online training. However, this is not true. When your content is gripping, learners will never get bored. Moreover, the captivating factor multiplies if you enhance your training modules with engrossing elements like gamified quizzes or reward-based assessments.
3. “The students of the future will demand the learning support that is appropriate for their situation or context. Nothing more, nothing less. And they want it at the moment the need arises. Not sooner, not later. Mobile devices will be a key technology for providing that learning support” – Source, learning quotes by Dr. Marcus Specht, Professor of Digital Education at the University of Technology Delft.
4. “In times where small instructor-led classrooms tend to be the exception, electronic learning solutions can offer more collaboration and interaction with experts and peers, as well as a higher success rate than the live alternative” – Source, learning quotes by Keith Bachman, Analyst at BMO Capital Markets.
Yes, once upon a time, live classes were a thing. Even now, learning corporates who wish to implement digital training believe that it lacks the interactivity factor. But the modern eLearning software comes with a gamut of features that promote collaboration – via social media, integration of live classrooms, and discussion forums. Additional elements that can help create a personal touch include team tasks, group projects, chat options, and conference/video sessions.
5. “Gamification aims to inspire deeper, more engaged relationships and to change behavior, but it needs to be implemented thoughtfully. Most attempts at gamification currently miss the mark, but successful and sustainable gamification can convert customers into fans, turn work into fun, or make learning a joy. The potential is enormous” – (Source: eLearning quotes by Brian Burke, Gartner Group VP of Research.)
6. “Learning is changing. And, we will see new models, new technologies and designs emerge. So, let’s drop the “e” – or at least give it a new and wider definition” – Source, learning quotes by Elliot Masie, Head of The MASIE Center.
7. “You can’t teach people everything they need to know. The best you can do is position them where they can find what they need to know when they need to know it” – Source, learning quotes by Seymour Papert, Mathematician, Computer Scientist, and Educator.
8. “Online learning provides fantastic flexibility, among other benefits, and aids in making the task of arranging development opportunities far easier. In addition, the ability for users to access content when needed provides the just-in-time element critical to corporate job applicability. Adult learners want learning to be specific to their job, quick and have merit, and using an online platform allows users to learn at their own pace and use it when needed. It is a win for all” – Source, learning quotes by Dr. Sharon Jones, Founder of Dottie Rose Foundation.
9. “Online learning empowers your employees to train with full autonomy and flexibility. It taps into the fundamentals of intrinsic motivation and allows each individual employee to control their own learning journey” – Source, learning quotes by Andrew DeBell, Training Content Consultant at Water Bear Learning.
10. “The most important principle for designing lively e-learning is to see e-learning design not as information design but as designing an experience” – Source, learning quotes by Cathy Moore, Training Designer.
11. “eLearning shouldn’t be a casual joy ride on a Sunday afternoon with the cruise control engaged. The sole purpose of eLearning is to teach” – Source, learning quotes by Christopher Palm, Media Artist at Allen Interactions.
12. “To unlock the true potential of e-learning to train successful employees, it needs to be people-centered. It has to be rooted in the day-to-day lives of people within an organization who are learning and growing as individuals while also supporting them and making them feel valued. How do you get there? It starts with six fundamental pillars; be personal, respect time, meet clear goals, measure the impact, make it widely available, and deliver ROI. This is the most effective way to onboard new employees and create enthusiastic workplace learners. It’s people first and everything else second” – Source, learning quotes by Simon Greany, CLO & Co-founder of Elucidat.
13. “Learning and Development teams are in the business of changing lives! eLearning allows you to do that in a scalable and measurable way. Whether you’re a small association or large enterprise, eLearning videos allow you to deliver the perfect training and story that resonates with your audience anywhere in the world or anytime they need access. Microlearning animation, as a visual as well as a sonic medium, is capable of embodying different emotions that empower and entice learners” – Source, learning quotes by Erick Prospero, Professional at Ninja Tropic.
14. “The biggest benefit of eLearning is the utter lack of pressure. Because you get to set your own schedule and study only when you have time, eLearning makes learning not something you have to get over with, but something you look forward to! From experience, you learn more when you enjoy the process” – Source, learning quotes by Mark Hayes, Marketing Head at Kintell.
15. “Students do not learn much just sitting in classes listening to teachers, memorizing prepackaged assignments, and spitting out answers. They must talk about what they are learning, write reflectively about it, relate it to past experiences, and apply it to their daily lives. They must make what they learn part of themselves” – Source, learning quotes by Arthur W. Chickering (Educational Researcher) and Stephen C. Ehrmann (Principal, Ehrmann & Associates).
16. “It’s time to step up to the plate and get passionate about your work commit to making eLearning courses that don’t bore people to tears but instead inspire and motivate them to learn a new skill, change a certain behavior, or improve their performance” – Source, learning quotes by Cammy Bean, Instructional Designer.
17. “The most profound words will remain unread unless you can keep the learner engaged. You can’t see their eyes to know if they got it so … say it, show it, write it, demo it and link it to an activity” – Source, eLearning quotes by James Bates, Boeing.
18. “The most effective, successful professionals are constantly learning, they take the time to apply what they have learned, and they continually work to improve themselves” – Source, eLearning quotes by Joel Gardner, Ph.D., CPT, and Assistant Dean, Instructional Design Services at Franklin University.
19. “Think out of the box and create a learning experience where the learner can interact with the content and their brains” – Rosalie Ledda Valdez, Knowledge Management Lead. WW Graphics Industrial Services at HP.
20. “The key to success is to appreciate how people learn, understand the thought process that goes into instructional design, what works well, and a range of different ways of achieving goals” – Source, eLearning quotes by Tim Buff, CEO & Chief Learning Strategist at Agylia.
21. “Online learning is not the next big thing, it is the now big thing.” – Donna J. Abernathy (Training & Development Magazine’s Ex-Editor). This quote from Donna J. Abernathy highlights that online learning has become a significant part of the educational landscape. With technological advancements, learners can access knowledge from anywhere in the world through online classes or a learning management system. The quote emphasizes that digital learning is not a future possibility but a current reality.
22. “In this age of information abundance and overload, those who get ahead will be the folks who figure out what to leave out, so they can concentrate on what’s really important to them.” – Austin Kleon
In the context of online classes quotes, this adage emphasizes the importance of curating and filtering information in the digital age. With access to vast information, learners need to develop skills in sorting through data to find the most important and relevant information. This quote highlights the role of digital learning in helping learners develop these skills.
23. “The internet could be a very positive step towards education, organization, and participation in a meaningful society.” – Noam Chomsky. This statement highlights the positive impact of the internet on education and society. Digital learning offers opportunities for learners to connect with others, access knowledge from around the world, and participate in meaningful discussions and collaborations. The quote emphasizes the potential of an online LMS and digital learning to contribute to a more informed and engaged society.
24. “The potential possibilities of any child are the most intriguing and stimulating in all creation.” – Ray L. Wilbur. In the context of digital learning quotes, it emphasizes the potential of every learner. Online classes and LMS software offer opportunities for learners to pursue their interests and develop their skills, regardless of their background or location. The quote highlights the importance of providing equitable access to digital learning opportunities.
25. “The most valuable thing you can make is a mistake. You can’t learn anything from being perfect.” – Adam Osborne. Adam Osborne’s quote highlights the importance of embracing mistakes and failures in learning. In the context of online classes and LMS applications, this quote emphasizes the value of trial and error. It encourages learners to take risks and experiment with new ideas and concepts.
26. “Technology can become the ‘wings’ that will allow the educational world to fly farther and faster than ever before – if we will allow it.” – Jenny Arledge. It emphasizes the importance of embracing technology in education to unlock new possibilities and opportunities for students and educators. In the context of digital education quotes, it suggests that technology can be a powerful tool to transform the educational experience and drive innovation.
27. “The ability to learn is the most important quality a leader can have.” – Sheryl Sandberg. Sandberg’s quote focuses on the importance of continuous learning for leaders. In the context of training staff quotes, it says that leaders who prioritize learning and development for themselves and their teams are better equipped to drive growth and success.
28. “In the context of learning, technology allows us to continually assess and reassess ourselves, our learning and teaching strategies, and our perceptions of the world.” – Ben Johnson. Johnson’s statement emphasizes the transformative power of technology in corporate learning. In the context of online education quotes, it suggests that technology can enable us to approach learning in new and innovative ways.
29. “The most effective learning occurs when children have opportunities to discover things for themselves.” – Seymour Papert. Papert’s statement highlights the importance of self-directed learning in the educational experience. In the context of quotes on digital education, it says that technology can provide students with new avenues for self-discovery and exploration.
30. “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.” – B.B. King
B.B. King’s quote emphasizes the enduring value of learning. In the context of training and development quotes, this adage suggests that investing in education and development is a valuable investment that pays dividends over a lifetime.
31. “The most important investment you can make is in yourself.” – Warren Buffett. Warren Buffett’s saying highlights the importance of personal growth and development. In the context of online learning quotes, it explains that investing in employee development can yield significant benefits for both the individual and the organization.
32. “The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change.” – Carl Rogers
Here, Rogers emphasizes the importance of adaptability and continuous learning in the modern world. In the context of eLearning quotes, it suggests that technology can provide us with the tools and resources we need to learn and grow throughout our lives.
Wrapping it Up!
What do you think? Do you have any other staff learning quotes that you believe will compel your leadership to embrace the benefits of eLearning in workplace training? If yes, do not forget to leave a comment below!
Ad: PlayAblo’s Enterprise-Grade Micro-Learning platform is built for millennial learners. Micro-Learning, assessments, and gamification features ensure learning outcome measurement and sustained engagement.
Find out more and request a custom demo!